Information on the safe and healthy operations of our hotel
Kastro Hotel in Heraklion Crete, Greece continue operations. We are here to provide you with exceptional accommodation experiences attaining the adequate hygiene, safety, and operational methods.
This summer is different for everyone and therefore, with a series of measures, procedures and specialized partnerships we ensure to deliver quality in services in a carefree and safe environment.
We feel it is important to reach out to you the actions we are taking to keep our facilities safe and healthy.
Please be informed below on the adjustments to our operations that were decided and applied in accordance to the Greek Legislation:
Our teams carefully follow the adequate cleaning, sanitation, and disinfection protocols. These protocols assist in illness prevention and include:
- Regular sanitation training for our team members.
- Clearly established time-schedule for cleaning and disinfection in all areas.
- Conspicuous placement of hand sanitizers.
- Frequent cleaning and wash down of outdoor and high touch locations, including walkways, staircase, elevators.
- Fast response to off-cycle cleaning issues.
Given the current concerns related to the new coronavirus 2019 (covid-19), we have established house rules that, along with adequate sanitation protocols, safety methods and operation procedures, guarantee the well-being of our guests during their stay with us. These rules include:
We welcome you with a smile, minimizing physical interaction
- Hand Sanitizing dispenser at the hotel’s entrance.
- Doors constantly remain open for the best possible natural ventilation of the area.
- Floor markings at the reception area to designate and help you keep the appropriate distance from each other.
We are here for you 24/7
- Plexiglass partitions have been placed at all service points
- Our Staff is in position to inform you on the current Policy and confrontation measures in case of an incident, as well as to provide any further information you may need.
- You will find useful information in place, for the basic hygiene guidelines you are requested to follow.
- Room Keys andTV Controls are delivered disinfected
- Adjusted Check in (15:00 p.m.) and Check Out (11 a.m.) times, to allow full disinfection and ventilation of the guest room before the arrival of the next customer.
- Visitors are not allowed in guest rooms.
- Hand Sanitizer dispenser is always available by the reception desk
- All surfaces are regularly disinfected by the staff
- All cash transactions can be implemented electronically (contactless)
- You are requested to immediately inform the reception in case you show any symptoms. Our Staff is efficiently trained to follow the Action Plan/ Protocol and to have you examined by a doctor (on call) in the hotel.
Enjoy the premises always maintaining social distancing
- An intensive cleaning and disinfection program is followed in all public areas, and high volume touchpoints (e.g. WCs, table surfaces, door handles, elevator buttons)
- Floor markings have been placed in different spots and you are kindly requested to keep the appropriate distances.
- Hand Sanitizing dispensers are displayed in high volume touchpoints such as elevator doors and public bathrooms.
- Please avoid using the elevator. In case this is not possible, it can only be used by 1 person families or guests of one room at a time.
- Windows and doors will remain open for best possible natural ventilation of the indoor areas. For the use of Air Conditioning, we comply with the guidelines of the Greek Government.
Enjoy your privacy in comfort and safety
- After guest’s departure, a meticulous cleaning and disinfection program is followed.
- Our Cleaning Staff always uses Personal Protective Equipment
- As we are obliged to keep visits in rooms to the minimum, cleaning and change of linen will take place every 3 days. Meanwhile, if you wish a more frequent cleaning service, please contact the hotel’s reception.
- Decorative pillows and covers, printing material and stationery as well as Coffee & Tea making Facilities have been removed from your room, for your own safety.
Restaurants & Bars
The only thing that has changed is the procedure!
- We advise our guests to keep one and a half (1.5) meters distance from the person next in line while approaching any indoors help-desk (reception, bar, buffet).
- We provide a face mask for our guests in case of coughing and/or sneezing in any indoors public space of the hotel.
- We have reduced by 1/3rd our restaurants’ capacity by arranging our spaces to meet the new required distances.
- Entering and leaving our restaurants, our guests are being advised to use the special hand sanitizers placed for that purpose at entrances.
- Even though there are changes in the buffet style, the quality of our food offering remains at the same high standards. Instead of self service, our trained staff will serve guests from the serving stations.
- All tables and chairs are disinfected after each use.
- All our staff is using personal protective equipment.
- A new clean dish and glass is required for every new visit to the buffet.
Always close despite the distance
- We encourage our visitors to get in touch with any member of our team for recommendations and/or remarks that will improve our operations.
- Its temperature is measured every day upon arrival and before starting to work.
- Certified Training for all departments in Covid-19 protocols and operations with ongoing training for all staff (guidance, procedures, regulations)
- Follows all key measures to prevent the transmission of Covid – 19
- Makes proper use of Personal Protective Equipment according to its position and nature of work
- We inform of the maximum use of our elevators by two adults, and of the use of a face mask.
- A person in charge, to monitor the compliance to the Covid-19 operation protocols as set by the Greek Government and to manage the action plan in place, in case of a Covid-19 incident.
More valuable than ever
- Accredited laboratory, conducts program sampling and analyses of food and water to check, monitor and maintain highest standards of health and safety. Sampling analyses are also conducted for all swimming pools and water in hotel rooms.
- For the effective cleaning and disinfection of all areas we use IKOCHIMIKI products. IKOCHIMIKI is a high certified professional brand whose products ensure highest hygiene standards and performance.
- We trust the laundry of our linen and towels to professional and reliable companies that comply with all hygiene protocols at all stages (collection, washing, sanitizing and delivery).
- Regular scheduled unannounced inspections are conducted for all areas and work positions from an external Health, Safety & Quality consultant partner, to ensure and maintain the highest operational standards.
Services and facilities temporarily not available for your safety:
- Internet corner
- Business center
- Turndown service
Our aim is to provide high-quality personalized services. All our team members are enthusiastic professionals at our guests’ disposal, responding promptly and effectively to their requests.
For our team members of the operating departments who join the daily shifts we took the following actions:
- Restrictions for a limited number of people in the workplace are respected.
- We have provided everyone with all recommended protective gear.
- We continue to regularly disinfect work surfaces, as well as public and back-office areas.
- We took measures to limit social hubs and keep a safe distance between team members (1,5m+).
As part of our commitment for the health and well-being of our guests, employees, and community, we are carefully monitoring the new coronavirus (covid19) situation through regular updates and guidance from the Hellenic Health Organization (E.O.D.Y.) and the National Health Ministry, as well as additional government and European organizations.
Based on the guidance we have received and our general state of readiness, we are confident our operations continue to be safe and ready to serve our guests.
I am very proud of our company’s teams who in these unprecedented circumstances show a very high level of self, social, as well as professional responsibility.
In addition to their immediate compliance with strict hygiene, operational, communication, and coordination rules, they are exemplary hosts.
We value each guest that honors us with a visit to our destination. The city of Heraklion, Crete.